Friday, June 30, 2006

Update

The Nasdaq is up roughly 3% on softer than expected words from the Fed. It is nice to have doubled the NQ position the days before. When the markets overshoot to the downside I tend to decrease the trading, and instead increase the risk exposure, this will make sure you are fully participating on days like yesterday. Of course I just missed the XOI calls (as I mentioned here before) as LUPE that I was bidding for. However, over the longer term I think it makes a lot of sense to place market orders. Silver seems to be gaining momentum again, I and will be on the lookout for any opportunities there going forward. The Silver ETF, SLV, is steadily increasing its holding and got to be one of the biggest buyers in the physical market. For now I'm happy with my holdings.

Google just launched Checkout which might be huge over the medium-long term for the company. Think eBay. This will also strengthen the existing ad business.

Looking at potential announcements going forward I think we should focus on:

- Web-office: Word and Excel online. (Think Microsoft, OLPC)

- Gdrive, a virtual online hard disk. (Think thin-client, OLPC)

No comments: