Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Trade

Sold the Google Sep $370 put for $13.30, which gives me a break-even at $356.70. Levels I have a hard time imagine. The company is now trading at less than 30x 2007 earning estimates. Some time Nasdaq will be back in fashion, and particularly growth stocks, now is the time to position yourself. Credit card company Mastercard releases better than expected Q2 earnings and was trading up 4 straight points this morning. I was scared by all the negativity in the media and among analysts, although I don't think it is too late long term. On the other hand, I don't like to chase it up here. Oil is very strong here, my advice is to watch storm Chris closely. Elsewhere on the radar is Nat Gas and Sugar. Silver seems to be gaining new momentum as well and is worth following. In Sweden my oil/mining stocks are all up big today.

No comments: