Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Lundin Mining

LMC exploded to the upside today after it announced takeover plans. Needless to say I am very happy with today's price action in the stock. Since Cramer has been a supporter of the stock, I suspected he might say something on CNBC's 'Stop Trading!' segment that is aired just before 3pm EST every weekday. The stock gained another 6-7 percentage points after the show and I sold everything above the $13 mark. With that said I would like to add that I believe Cramer to be somewhat underestimated among more 'intellectual' groups. I might very well be back on the long side in this stock rather soon. I still have metal exposure in Boliden, even though the company is not as dynamic. As for PARE the market is clearly waiting for numbers until we'll see a fair value, the time to buy is now.

Noting that the Brent to WTI spread is at a record level both in relative and absolute terms above $4.00/barrel. This is worth some thoughts.

Also worth noting is that Google is again trading above the $370 mark.

No comments: