Saturday, September 02, 2006

Portfolio Update

Pare is exploding to the upside, as my biggest holding it has a material impact on the portfolio level. Maybe the market is starting to discount what the company has been saying for a while. If everything goes according to plan, there should be substantial upside still. Lupe is not doing as good, but I am not selling at these relative low levels. Google hasn't taken off yet, the company is trading at a PEG-ration under 1 on next years earnings. In the meantime put selling works great. Goldman was downgraded last week and was trading down to bargain level, PE 8 and change on next year's. I was close to pull the trigger on put selling there. Maybe I will get another opportunity if the market sells off. As previously predicted here the Silver market has really got new momentum, and is trading close to $13. The ETF now has more than 100 million ounces for the first time. My inactivity has several reasons, one being that I am fairly comfortable with my positions. Another being that I really got in heavily after the May sell-off which has limited my ability to trade around my positions. At least I wasn't forced to sell at the absolute bottom but has to the contrary increased my holdings. I am pleased with all names the exception being Nordnet which I still believe is a great name but the performance has just been terrible, so far. I hope to become more active again as it has historically meant that I have managed to increased my performance during those times, although I don't believe in over-trading for several reasons.

No comments: