Thursday, October 19, 2006

Market Update

Apple is up huge after the earnings report, closing in on $80. I have been writing a lot about the stock on this blog lately.

I will stay with my S&P 500 short for some time longer as market has a way of turning around right after options expiration.

Every time crude is trading below $58 we get a spike up, no difference this time. My Swedish commodity stocks are all up nicely. Especially PARE and BOLI. I expect PARE to release new information to the market any time now. Silver is up nice, now trading over $12/ounce.

A stock that is keeping one of my portfolios down is Nordnet. Bank of America just launch a zero commission service for the US market and a Swedish paper is reporting that Saxo Bank has done the same in Denmark. This is probably what is keeping the stock down. I am waiting for the earnings report, due in one weeks time.

Google is reporting in 1 hour time, and is up ahead.

No comments: